Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Tuesday, December 29, 2009


I've been thinking about this idea... "Think Local, Act Global." I think maybe they have it backwards... It seems the Peace Corps perspective would apply better if it read "Act Local, Think Global." In order to really enact change, I believe you have to start small. PCVs works in small communities to try to make individual changes that will eventually spread to create a larger effect.

Update on the hammam project... This week, a boiler was finally installed! Also, the project as a whole (including meetings and funding) is going to be implemented again and new volunteers are being trained to carry on this project in other regions of Morocco. Sustainability. Awesome.



Update on me... I'm back in the U.S.

I've been visiting family and friends and celebrating holidays. It has been wonderful. I applied to 4 graduate school programs for Public Administration/Public Policy. I think this will be a good way for me to become more involved, more informed and affect more change! If you are interested in hearing more, send me an email :) So far, I haven't made any concrete plans between now and the Fall (when I would hopefully start), but I'm hoping to find some interesting opportunities. Let me know if you know of any!

"Let no one be discouraged by the belief there is nothing one person can do against the enormous array of the world's ills, misery, ignorance, and violence. Few will have the greatness to bend history, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events. And in the total of all those acts will be written the history of a generation." - Robert F. Kennedy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.