Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Boston, WV and VA

So, I've planned a few trips before I leave... The first big trip was to visit my great friend, Carinne in Boston. She is getting married in November and I wanted to spend some time with her before I leave. We had a great time, catching up and talking. I'll miss her so much. She has promised to visit me in Morocco...

Then, Jesse and I made the trip to move what few
things I still have to my parents house in the country lands of West Virginia. My sister and my Grandma also live nearby in Winchester, VA, about 20 minutes from there, so we headed South and stayed there for 5 days. There was much Frisbee Golf. There was Skirt and Dress making (did I mention that virtually none of my clothes seem acceptably modest by Moroccan standards?). There was much playing with Baby Audriana. And there was an very nice visit to Luray Caverns. I was renewed by the beauty of this area. Jesse had never been in the mountains or a cavern, so his amazement made me love it even more!


No comments: