Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Language Profiency Interview & more :)

I scored "Intermediate Low!" How exciting is that after just 10 weeks! That means I can make complete sentences and elaborate on them. I can ask questions and understand questions, etc. My interviewer was really impressed and happy with how I did. I am beyond where I need to be: "Novice High," so I felt like that was a nice confidence booster and I feel a little more prepared to go into my site.

Oh, to clarify... I will be with my host family for 2 months before finding a place of my own (check the comments for a little elaboration on that).

I said Goodbye to my host family at CBT (Skoura) and they were not super emotional (but maybe a little) and they really want me to come back and visit (hoping for next month, but I told them maybe next year!) I will send them a card for Eid Kbir and a letter in my broken drija script! fun. It will take me a couple of hours to write probably. I gave them a pretty ceramic vase that I found here and they gave me a nice ceramic mug and a little tagine (they make food in them, but this was just a little replica). cute.

Newest news on my site.... it is rumored to be one of the coldest if not the coldest site! geez.... what were they thinking?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job with the language! You should be proud! Don't worry about the cold. You'll get used to it. :) Just buy whatever the locals buy to stay warm (most people around here use seaskin mittens), and you'll be fine. I look forward to following your adventures!

Jay and Victoria said...

Wow! I think I am intermediate low in Chinese after 3 years! I tell lots of people your Chinese tea story. I found it humorous that you were placed in the mountains - at least you have some cold weather experience. Invest in the furnace. :) Love you.. Vikki