Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Monday, January 14, 2008

All that work calls for relaxation...


Having eaten the traditional Muslim New Year cous cous on both the day before I left and again the day I returned, I feel no guilt or remorse for taking the holiday to relax and enjoy some good American fun and company! Unknowing what to expect (as is typical of any adventure), I set out to spend my long weekend a little higher in the mountains, where two other volunteers live. Well, what ensued was another fabulous weekend of hiking (but this time with lots of snow and mud!), snow sliding and jumping (new olympic sport)...
and bum.bum.bum....The first Gingerbreadmen Community of Morocco!!! Oh yes, it was a struggle, but here they are (those whom survived the oven and didn't have their heads bitten off... )







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How far did you travel to get there? An hour? Did you make the gingerbread with honey instead of molasses? Were they good?

Laura said...

Yeah, travel was about 40 minutes direct coming back, but I had to do a little maneuvering to get out of my site and that took me 2 hours...

Yes, we used honey instead of Molasses and it worked just fine, but they weren't nearly as potent as normal gingerbreadmen. They hadn't a muted taste, but were very tasty anyway.

Anonymous said...

yes, you are doing such great work! i am glad to hear you've been able to find respite as well! and those ginderbread men: great personalities :)